Our volunteers are precious to us and an important part of the Lord’s ministry to assist those hurting and in need. Each volunteer brings a special talent to fill the need God has placed on their heart. We appreciate all those that are sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Volunteering is not only good for the community but it benefits the volunteer as well.
Surprisingly, studies have shown that volunteering increases you’re confidence and self-esteem. With a new sense of purpose, becoming a volunteer can help those suffering from depression by keeping them in regular contact with others.
Volunteering is good for the heart and we’re not just talking about you’re spiritual heart!
Lower mortality rates have been found in those that volunteer, especially the older generation. Even the smallest of activities can lessen the symptoms of chronic pain and heart disease.
Whatever the motivation, volunteering is a great way to make a difference. Here are some additional benefits to volunteering at Canon City Pregnancy Center:
- You become part of God’s ever growing ministry
- You can give back to the community
- You can make a difference in the lives of others
- You can help those without a voice
- You become a valued team member
- You get to enjoy the fellowship with other Christians
- You can develop new skills, knowledge and experience
- You can increase employment prospects
- You can use your God-given talent for His glory
- You get to meet new people and make lasting relationships
- You become acquainted with the local community
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Volunteer Application and return it to our center 508 Greenwood Ave. Canon City, CO 81212. (Applications are available at the center as well)
One of our staff members would love to sit down and talk with you to hear what the Lord has placed upon your heart!