Canon City Pregnancy Center (CCPC) exists to provide pregnancy and family services for Fremont County and surrounding areas. We are here to support each individual with their emotional, physical, material and spiritual needs. We service individuals and families who are in need of our services.
CCPC is committed to providing clients with accurate and complete information about prenatal development, abortion, infant care and community services. CCPC is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the prevision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their family.
CCPC never discriminates in providing services because of ethnicity, religion, age, or marital status. CCPC will not advise, provide or refer for abortions of abortifacients.
CCPC is committed to creating awareness within the local community regarding pregnancy, family needs and of the fact that abortion compounds human need rather than resolving it.
CCPC offers the following services (all services are confidential and free to those in need):
- Pregnancy Tests: Self-administered tests are available on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
- Material Assistance: Baby/toddler clothing, maternity clothing, formula, diapers, baby furniture & equipment as well as a variety of other items
- Earn While You Learn Educational Program: Clients may earn items such as a new car seat or crib and mattress by completing educational units. The amount of educational units needed is based upon the item. Other items are available to earn, talk with a staff member for more information and a complete list of educational material.
- Practical Information: pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, adoption options, fetal & childhood development, abortion risks and alternatives, sexually transmitted disease.
- Resource Library: CCPC has a lending library of useful information for prenatal & child rearing.
- Pursue Education for a Lifetime: CCPC conducts educational classes for students within our local schools. These classes are designed to educate about sexual risks as well as teach them how to design their life by making healthy choices. We educate about social branding, relational issues, effects/risks of pornography/sexting, and social issues that may arise by unhealthy choices.
- Counseling and Emotional Support: our trained staff is available to talk through worries, concerns, issues, experience and problems in regards to current situations and the future. We aim to usher each individual towards hope and healing from current and past issues.
CCPC does not receive government funding or grants. We rely on the gracious hearts of our community, fundraisers, agency funding and small grants. Funds received are used for operating expenses and supply items for the services we provide.
CCPC helps supply items to families in need that struggle to make ends meet. We believe that by supplying some relief of the material and nutritional needs it will enable them to focus on other issues they are facing.
CCPC makes every effort to collaborate with local organizations in an effort to support our clients with the goal to be self-sufficient. We direct our clients to community resources based upon their need. Our community has a solution for practically every need, it’s just a matter of properly utilizing the help that’s offered. Every effort is put forth to assist them in obtaining the services needed to stabilize their situation.